This is a pattern by Pam Grose. There were a great many new techniques involved in making this doll and I will definitely try this pattern again sometime.
Things I learned making this doll:
- The technique of using a lycra skin over a woven cotton underbody.
- Methods of handling stuffing to avoid "cellulite"
- Setting eyes in a lycra over cotton face.
- Needle sculpting techniques.
- Painting and shading patterns for both face and body.
- I made the costume in the pattern, but this doll really wanted fox furs and a 1936 suit.
Return to doll homepage