BetsyBetsy's pattern comes from a book by Brenda Brightmore called simply Cloth Dolls.Most of her book pictures adorable child dolls. This one, called "Poppy" is the only adult. I'd just gotten Susan Oroyan's book about boudoir dolls so this is the one I wanted to make.
Things I learned making this doll:
- I would have been better off making her nose a little more "pug". What I did wasn't as manageable or attractive.
- I didn't like the way the upper legs were done. Although she is designed to sit, I thought she needed a a little bit of padding in her upper legs.
- I used a commercial doll wig on her. The artificial fur recommended looked great but it made me sneeze.
- The clothing patterns were first rate.
- This was the first time I'd used Windsor Comfort. It was a joy to work with.
Return to doll homepage